The above terms are determined by the shipment date on the invoice up to the time the product is returned to AFOX. AFOX's repair service procedure is as follows.
ARTICLE 2 – WARRANTY PERIOD
2.1 Most products provided by AFOX will be covered by twenty four (24) months warranty, effective from the date of the shipment. The warranty period do not cover special items which has been indicated as other warranty period, such as twelve (12) months warranty for product with AGP interface, etc.
2.2 All products provided by the AFOX alliance third party will be covered by twelve 12 months warranty, effective from the date of the shipment.
ARTICLE 3 - DOA REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
3.1 If defect occurs within 30 business days of shipment date, the DOA application should be done with a written notice of DOA Replacement Form sent to AFOX from the Distributor.
3.2 For complete replacement, the Distributor shall return the DOA items within 40 days business days within the shipment date and AFOX shall receive them within 50 business days within the shipment date, including the hardware itself, all accessories and user documentation that included in the original package.
3.3 The Distributor pays for the delivery back to AFOX appointed RMA service center (delivery to door only) and AFOX pays the freight fee back to the Distributor’s located country.
3.4 AFOX is not responsible for any local import custom duties, documentation fee or local transportation fee.
3.5 AFOX shall replace to the Distributor the original package as the ordered item. In case the original package cannot be provided, AFOX shall provide the Credit Rebate to the Distributor.
ARTICLE 4 - RMA REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
4.1 RMA: Obtain an RMA Number4.3 Product Check on Arrival
(1) The distributor shall collect 10pcs as minimum requested quantity to obtain RMA number and fill out the RMA request form by sending email to the corresponding RMA person.
(2) AFOX's repair Service Personnel shall check the RMA request form has been completed with precise information. Once this has been verified, the Distributor will receive an RMA number from the AFOX Sales Representative or RMA Service personnel.
4.2 RMA: Package and Delivery
(1) Returned products have to be packed properly to avoid damage during delivery.
(2) RMA and ORMA products: Only the defective product should be returned. Non-defective accessories of RMA and ORMA items (such as user documentation, CD driver, Power Adaptor & Cable) should not be returned.
(3) The Distributor shall indicate assigned RMA number on the package carton before delivery.
(4) To speed up the repair procedure, the Distributor shall notify AFOX RMA Service Personnel by email with information that includes the shipping date, quantity, and tracking number of your delivery.
(5) The Distributor pays for the delivery back to AFOX appointed RMA service center (delivery to door only) and AFOX paysthe freight fee back to the Distributor’s located country.
(6) AFOX is not responsible for any local import custom duties, documentation fee or local transportation fee.
(7) AFOX has the right to refuse the RMA goods when any of the following conditions occur:
RMA Form is not attached with the goods.
RMA Number mark is not on the outer cartons.
RMA goods without a serial number.
The serial number is hard to recognize.
There is no serial number label.
(8) For the goods produced by AFOX, the distributor shall send defective goods in accordance with the warranty terms of this agreement, to the following addresses:
Consignee: AFOX CORPORATION Ltd.
Contact unit: RMA Center
807, Yan Hing Centre, 9-13 Wong Chuk Yeung Street, Fotan, Shatin, N.T. Hong Kong
Tel : +852 8193 0016 Fax : +852 2396 5043
(9) For the goods produced by AFOX alliance third party, the distributor shall send defective goods in accordance with the warranty terms of this agreement, to the AFOX appointed address. The AFOX Sales Representative shall inform the address by written notice
4.3 Product Check on Arrival
(1) AFOX's RMA Service Personnel will check products within 3 days of its arrival.
(2) If the product arrives undamaged and conforms to the conditions described on the RMA request form, it will be transferred to AFOX's RE engineers for repair.
(3) If the product is damaged or there is some inconsistency with the RMA request form description, AFOX will contact and confirm the status with the Distributor before proceeding.
(1) The repair engineer will repair the defect as described by the Distributor,
The product will also be tested to ensure it is in proper working order.
The lead time for goods return is within 21 business days in AFOX appointed RMA service center.
(2) If no additional problems are detected, AFOX will notify the Distributor
(1) The Distributor will be charged for repairs if:
a. ORMA terms apply
b. RMA or DOA terms apply and the item has been determined by AFOX engineer that the defect as non-warranty condition.
(2) Repair engineers will provide a repair report for RMA products that will be charged.
(3) RMA Service Personnel will send a report and P/I to the Distributor for confirmation.
4.6 Package and Shipping
(1) RMA Service Personnel will properly pack the repaired RMA product along with a maintenance report.
(2) The RMA number and quantity will be clearly marked on the package.
(3) The Distributor will receive email notification of the product RMA number, shipping date, and tracking number.
ARTICLE 5 - NON-WARRANTY DETERMINATION
5.1 AFOX will not provide the RMA service for those items which has been provided with additional RMA discount on the Proforma Invoice, Commercial Invoice or free goods buffer to the Distributor.
5.2 AFOX will not provide the RMA service for those goods that are damaged due to some improper operations even though they are still under the standard warranty period. The following are defined as non-warranty situation that are outside the scope of services provided:
Broken PCB due to the improper board installation
PCB circuit cut when removing or re-installing BIOS ROM
Damage of golden-finger
Services not authorized by AFOX on the product
The use of improper power voltage, which causing components to burn out.
ESD (static damage)
Other conditions due to incorrect operation of the boards
5.3 Product is out of the warranty period as determined by the Distributor.
5.4 Product was caused by abuse, misuse or unauthorized repair.
5.5 Any cause external to the equipment including struck by lightning.
If you have any questions regarding RMA procedures please feel free to contact the RMA department.
AFOX CORPORATION LTD